background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

First day in Moscow-off to the 8 doctor medical!

We were to meet our ride in the lobby at 12:15pm. After waking up early, we went to an awesome breakfast buffet at 6:30am in the restaurant lobby, later to realize that it was $100 for the three of us to eat! We went back upstairs to get ready, finish packing and wait out the time.

Matt, Dave and I bought a very nice SLR camera to use that does both still and movie shots early on in the process of adoption. I had been to Russia before and to Latvia with both a camera and a video camera and it was a pain in the butt switching back and forth.I didn’t want to do that with Anya. Anyway, since then, Matt purchased a special lens that is fixed and he also takes photos without flash, using the F-stop. So, guess who wanted really great photos of himself and Anya with his special lens? Not the one I bought that is much simpler to use? You got it, Matt. And guess who decided that he should teach his jet lagged and emotionally exhausted mother how to use this special lens that morning? Right again, Matt. So, I learned the best I could and then Dave took hold of it. He decided to shoot 5 shots in a row of me on the bed and you can see my response to him in the second photo!






Back down to the other restaurant in the lobby for lunch. Another $100 later for a waldorf salad that was mostly a head of celery sliced into ¾” chunks for my part of lunch and the other two meals, we sat on the lobby sofas and waited. I was feeling really queasy before we came down for lunch, through lunch and couldn’t take it any more. I just lay down on the sofa for the entire Russian world to see. So much for decorum.

I was told our appointment was at 1pm and as that time passed and 45 more minutes as well, laying there I didn’t hardly care that we just missed our one last needed item for court. I did call, there was a huge accident in Moscow and our appointment was moved to 2pm.

Again with the medical. Only three doctors saw us this time and the psychiatrist was talking about Matt to her colleague, raising her eyebrows up in delight and nodding her head while indicating she meant that boy, over there. Six couples and all their translators with in the two rooms this time. They did decide to give us a bit of discount this time, which was nice since we just did the same tests 3 month ago.

We stopped at a restaurant in Moscow for lunch, Moo Moo, and yes the sign out front was a painted up like a cow and cow paraphernalia was everywhere. It was a cafeteria and I had the best borscht soup there!!

Off to Ryazan. Four hours later traveling in a van/bus, with two leopard throw pillows that had silver cord trim to boot, we arrived in Ryazan, our station, if you will. Vika told us that Anatoli didn’t know we were coming that day, which I chalk up to busyness and being a man, and as he hugged me hello, I said, “Surprise!” We got all the luggage inside, were fed a marvelous dinner of sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, two kinds of bread, mashed potatoes and little meatloafish patties that were awesome. And we got an apple pie type dessert too. Unpacked everything: toys, toiletries, mine, food, Anya’s, gifts, meds/first aid, blah, blah, blah. Organized what we needed for the following day and hit sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment