background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Anya's favorite school subject.

We decided that a swim class during the school year just might be a good idea. The pool my son Scott lifeguards at has twice a week swimming lessons and the outdoor pool stays heated to 84 degrees. So, today was our first lesson. Scott told me which level class to place her in, so I wasn't worried about that. But, Anya was crazy nervous this morning. We finally got to class and all went well. She learned to float on her back on the first try and was actually swimming the crawl with her arms AND legs at the same time. Oh boy was she proud.


Once in the car, she asked, "Are you so proud of me?"


"Oh yes!"


Then, a command came out of her mouth. "Clap!" So there I was trying to drive and clap at the same time. A huge smile came over her face and then another command, "Kiss my cheek!" Hard to do that kind of multitasking while driving. 


"Mom, swimming is my favorite school." She's probably not the first kid to say that.


"See Anya, I told you that you didn't need to be worried or frightened, did you?"


"Nope. I love it the swimming!"


Right now she is asking to take tap dancing as she taps away-we'll see about that. I bought her tap shoes at a garage sale for $1 awhile back. But you have to be on you toes (pun intended) when she asks about her shoes because to her they are "snap shoes".


I hope to blog more tomorrow on the family wedding we went to this past weekend and the 11 hour drive (supposed to be 7.5) to get there...


~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment