background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

HEY DAVE!!



Check out the girl's hair!!

I have never seen so many adults so excited about the length of a child's hair before!!

I really, really wanted to go get a pedicure while Dave was working for many days. I have only had no more than 6 pedicures in my whole life too. But alas, I had used up all my “Hey, son, will you watch Anya for me for a few hours?” time, so I decided to do it myself. Hey, why not ask the girl if she wants one too. I added literally 4 drops of dish washing soap to the foot bath. Well, lots and lots of bubbles are made from the forced air that is shot into the foot bath. Anya liked that! At first she wasn’t too sure what was going on, but then she loved it. Note her little chair. My awesome upholsterer that I use for clients made it for her. It is sized to her exact measurements. Her feet touch the floor, her arms rest on the chair arms and the her back is flat against the chair. This is not normal for a dwarf, but now it is for her.





Dave was working for that long stretch and Anya and I went to see him at work very other day. During this time I was really a mess physically. Due to my thyroid being out of whack, I had a racing heart and had to have an EKG and an appointment with a cardiologist. They weren’t sure if my aorta was too small or if it was caused by my thyroid, luckily it was the latter. So on our last visit with Dave, I was wiped out and really needed a break from my precious talkative 13 year old. Being so out of it, I left my phone and a few other things I was going to bring to Dave on the coffee table.

Usually when we arrive at the station I call Dave and tell him we are there and he comes out to meet us. But not this time. I sent Anya into the kitchen to ask for Dave and stayed alone in the car. After a few minutes, through the closed car windows I heard a deep strong announcement going out all over the station. Next, Anya came out of the kitchen toward the car skipping, dancing and laughing.

Apparently, when Anya asked for Dave, one of the guys told her she could call him on the PA. He held down the button and she announced really loudly (not knowing how a PA works) in her strongest Russian voice, “Hey Dave!! We’re here!” And out it went over the airwaves, to be heard far and wide. She had the firemen in the kitchen laughing, that’s for sure.

Dave ate some dinner with Anya and let her run around and play ball with him on the racquetball court while I stayed alone (except for our Pug that was with me) in the car for a whole 45 minutes. Sheer bliss.

Anya loves her hair and tells me all about how the wave stays in it, even after sleeping. She is just trying to make me jealous. When I tell her how straight and “bad” mine is, she says, “Yes, I know.” What a little goober. She fits in just fine. Speaking of that, November 10 was the one year anniversary of our paperwork being official and November 20 is the one year anniversary of her arriving home. On the 10th, we had a cake and sang to her. Dave was working so he sent her flowers and chocolate. She called him and must have said ten times, “I just love it so much, they are beautiful! Thank you!!” Next week we’ll go out to dinner with Dave for her arriving home.

Here are the three of us singing to Anya “Happy One Year Anniversary to You.” It’s pretty pathetic, but Anya loved it!


 ~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment