background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anya's Current Playlists

I am stressing myself out because I haven't written a blog entry in so long and so much new and interesting stuff happens each day with Anya. So, I decided to let myself off the hook and just blog about the songs Anya listens to on her old iPod (formerly her brother's) and my iTouch (which I got partially for entertaining our new girl overseas, at airports, at doctor's appointments and like, but also because I don't want to pay the big bucks for the monthly use of an iPhone). But as far as using the iTouch while we're out, she is so interested in everything else, that instead she just uses it to walk around the house with the volume up for all to hear as she sings along. She is also learning about being polite with her music when others are talking or watching a movie or something along those lines.

Her iPod:
multiple Russian children's songs
songs in Russian from some of the ladies at the church we visited there
Let It Snow (You know the lyrics..when you finally ISS goodnight)
Jingle Bell Rock
Reborn by Rebecca St. James
The Ventures Christmas music
Santa Baby

In Dave's car:
The Little Old Lady from Pasadena
Surf City
Deadman's Curve
Sidewalk Surfin'

Music Videos On DVD's:
When You Wish upon a Star by some blonde Disney girl named Meaghan Something from Pinoochio
The music video at the end of Shrek-she has the dance down too
Ever, Ever After by Carrie Underwood on Enchanted

On my iTouch: I just discovered my iTunes is gone, don't know-did she have something to do with that?  :/
Don't Stop Believin' by the Cast of Glee
a 9 minute video that came with my lastest Chris Tomlin CD, both talking and music
Defying Gravity by the Cast of Glee (this one drives her oldest brother crazy-he didn't like it the first time around). I only have about five songs from Glee on my iTouch and she listens to two of them!

Side note from dinner-I bought Trader Joe's Chicken Nuggets for her because our neighbors feed her Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets and she always talks about it. She was eating tortilla chips and dipping them in some Ranch dressing in a small prep bowl, actually it was quite a bit of Ranch dressing as she refilled the bowl herself while I was out of the kitchen for a moment.

I thought I'd be wise and suggested she use the dressing for her nuggets. "No, ketchup please." What? How did she know that she wanted ketchup? Ohhh, it must be what she eats at our friends' house. 

"How about Ranch?" I asked pointing to her bowl full of white delight, wanting to use up the ton of it she had sitting there.

"No Mama... KETCHUP. See (pointing to the red on the place mat) this one...ketchup." 

"Yes, Anya, I know what ketchup is." 

I was mostly caught off guard that she asked for something in English that I wasn't aware she had a preference for!

See Anya speaking and understanding English on this video. She'd been here almost three months. The amazing thing to me is she understands the super sped up English I speak!!


~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment