background

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Life just ain't fair (written Dec. 8)

Oh my-one car accident wasn't enough excitement for five days. Last night someone broke into both Dave's and my cars while they were in the driveway. I was taking the car in to be repaired in the morning too. Very unusually, I didn't lock my car. Someone decided to open it and take a few things. My glove box, center console and the back of the car were refiled through. I guess since only some CD's, a key to a client's house (not you Jane!) and a survival backpack with spare food, water and a down jacket were taken, the guy decided to look in Dave's Corolla. Sure enough, his laptop case was in the back. So, the window was smashed and the laptop and several other important items were taken. Yes, he knows not to leave a laptop etc in a car, but now he realizes how crucial it is to stick to those rules.

The police officer was in our home from 6-8 am and luckily, Anya slept through it all.

Later int he day, I saw Anya walking around with our dog Liza (more on that later) and heard her say, "It's okay Liza, we're safe.

We also heard a lot today about the bad guys. But here is the favorite.

"Mom, the bad guys didn't listen to the sign. Papa and I were walking and we saw as sign with this on it (she held her fingers up as an X). No bad buys can come here." I realized that this was what she was talking about.






If only the bad guys would follow the rules...
~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment