background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So, Which Dog Is Yours?

How is it that I ended up at the dog park, with my daughter and without my dog? Anya really wanted to go and asked me to take her there. So I did. Our dog is almost sociable with other dogs, but not enough for me to watch her and Anya at the same time. 

We went to the large dog side and Anya had the biggest smile on her face. I really couldn't even believe how big it was. We saw all kinds of dogs and a couple of Pit Bulls made me nervous. They were jumping up about 4-5 feet high on a chain link fence to get to a horse on the other side and when they came up to Anya and were almost jumping on her, I just didn't trust them, they had too much energy and their owner was a bit doofisy. So, I channeled my Cesar Milan and stood down the dogs. Later, Anya was especially thrilled with the St. Bernard-"Look! It's Beethoven!!" she called. Then she added, "Eww, the goobers are really BIG." That would be the drool. Several Goldens and Spaniels followed her around too and she threw a ball for one of them for awhile.

Next we headed over to the small dog side, where Anya found a Pug she liked. It was a bit shy and kind of lame-in the sense that it just sat there. Really. Right in the middle of a bunch of small yipping running dogs. Found out the new owners had the dog for almost a year and she was turning four soon. The dog had been the property of a 94 year old woman that had died! Who gets a puppy when they're 90?!?! That may explain why it was a bit docile. This is also where I was asked, "So, which dog is yours?"


I posted this photo on Facebook last week. I heard horse winnowing and looked up and Anya was posing like Black Beauty. She's pretty good at mimicking, on many fronts!



On another note...


I often wonder how Anya developed such an amazing command of the English language so quickly and then I hear myself say things like, “If I hear one more snot nosed remark come outta that mouth of yours…” Sounds mean, but trust me that was a well deserved, well controlled response considering the circumstances. Anyway, I may have something to so with her vocabulary and choice of expressive phrases.

I'll keep ears open for more expressions, from her.

~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment