background

Monday, September 27, 2010

While we wait.

Well, it is about five months after it looked like Anya would be here. We are currently waiting for the orphanage to give Anya a medical. The judge has set a required date for the documents to be in, September 30. Then, the court will issue a court date for our adoption about a week after that, which means travel in mid-October? So, we wait some more.

In the mean time, I attended a conference in Nashville on September 10-11. I met up with a new friend I knew from an online Parents of Little People group who adopted an Achondroplasia Dwarf too and we had a spectacular time. The information about how to allow these children a chance to heal, grow and attach is fascinating, yet simple.

It so impacted how we will parent Anya that I started a blog about resources for those who have adopted, are adopting or will adopt. Please let everyone you know who is involved in adoption in any way know about my blog.


Also, here is a site (the organization that puts out the information from the conference) with a multitude of information on it.


So, again I say, we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment