background

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Photos of London, York, Berwick upon Tweed and the road to Scotland.

 Me on the train into London looking at all the fall leaves.


 Both of these are York at night. York was occupied by the Vikings back in the mid-800's!! Just a bit older than Newbury Park.
 

 Notice the shadow in the clouds (most all are taken by Matt).


 The above two are taken by me, in York.


 Don't seem to have enough fine motor skills in my left hand for shifting easily into 2nd, not 4th! After getting into the driver's seat, I even grab for the seat belt on the left when it is on the right. I also "phantom" shift on the right and there is only a door there! I am becoming a "round-about queen". And, as I mentioned in my Facebook status, We Love Tom-Tom.


 A town on the Northern English coast called Berwick upon Tweed. There are ramparts that were built in the mid 1500's so England could fight the Scottish (Scotland is about 1.5 miles from there). And their lighthouse is below.



Below is the English/Scottish border!! We made it to Edinburgh, even though it got dark at 4:30 and it was raining. Not the overall easiest of drives!

No comments:

Post a Comment