background

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Riding English Style.


On Memorial Day weekend we went to a BBQ at a friend’s house and she has a pony among other things. Our friend Bob took awesome pictures of Anya as she met the horses, groomed the pony and rode it as well. 

She was hesitant to get near the horses or even brush them. Finally she brushed the pony and eventually agreed to ride. In honor of her sister Amanda, Anya rode English style. She couldn’t get the boots on since her feet are so wide, but she did have on the helmet and rode in the English saddle. It was going really well until she slid on the saddle a little and she decided that she’d had enough. After a bit we asked her if she would ride again, and she agreed she would. She is such a happy camper when there are animals around. I wonder if she’ll want to be a vet someday-who knows?
Wow! A horse.


Hmm, it's awful big.



First pony ride!






 What on earth is that?!

Anya also got to feed the horses and give them treats. We found out they like watermelon rinds. Much of the day was spent on the large trampoline too-that’s what prompted Dave to buy a smaller one today for her to jump on at home.
One of Anya’s funny phrases when her underwear is not quite in the right place: “My unnerwear is fathering me.” It took a bit before I asked her if it was bothering her. She also saw someone smoking and told us it is not good to smack. (Yes, that's my husband jumping like a kid on the trampoline in the picture below).

She is currently in the backyard with me right now dancing a spring shower. She’s jumping and splashing and twirling. You can tell she never had the freedom to do too much of that. I know I wouldn’t let 30-80 kids outside to play in the rain and get all wet and muddy if I were working in an orphanage! I’m glad the rains have come today off and on so I don’t have to spend time making sure the outside plants are watered enough to survive my departure.

Tomorrow we are off to San Francisco to see our older daughter. Anya says she misses her sister every day very much and we must go see her. I got her bag packed into a small backpack and this trip she’ll learn about the quick flight, the quick carry on and the quick trip. More to follow after the trip!
~Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment